Gericom Ego help

Kage

Golden Master
Hi,

I have a bit of a problem. I have to fix this computer for my Grandad now... there is no sound...and I have tried everything to find out what soundcard it has.

No documentation was given or discs as it is 2nd hand to get any information from. I have tried to go into bios to find out if the soundcard is enabled if it is a motherboard soundcard but it is a bios i have never heard of, and has no information.

The laptop itelf does not contain any information either and only Gericom Ego as the model...

I have tried going into System to find out sound card and nothing. Plus tried to find drivers but none there, and so it says no sound is installed but i know it has a soundcard.

I have also tried restarting the laptop to see the moterboard manufacturer and model number but it has a Gericom start instead which then leads to windows... Bios doesn'r let me disable this either so there is no way of finding out...

Any help will be appreciated :)

Thats the thing, i had no drivers, or any way of knowing what the laptop had in it.

I've sorted it out now though, video drivers and sound drivers. When it asked for drivers, i just selected to show a list and guessed what they were. The video drivers were an easy one to select as it is a radeon 9700. The sound card I just guessed to be a Intel RealTek and that worked straight away!

Thanks for the help anyways

Back
Top Bottom