General questions

Shantei

In Runtime
Well first of all is it worth getting a 10k HD? I was going to purchase one purely and simply to put the OS on it and see how it goes. Is it a good idea? Is it done often?

Also can anyone recommend me a fan for taking in air via the front of my computer? (summer's around the corner and I don't have any fans at the front!)

What kind of AMD processor would be in 'proportion' with this hardware:
K9N SLI Platinum m/b
X1900 XT 512mb
1gb PC6400 Dual Channel

I know it's difficult to say, but what processor would YOU get with this?

Last question is when's the next stage to make a major upgrade to your pc? Or what basis do you set your upgrades on? When the next level of video cards come out? Or do you just wait for a few years to make the most of things?
Personally that's what I do. I think I'll wait a while before upgrading next.

Thanks in advance!

that depends do u want a processor which u can upgrade your RAM to or a processor that will be good with your current RAM ?

the reason i say is you with your current amount of RAM you should look at something like an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+

but if you plan to upgrade to 2GB or so then maybe think bout getting an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+

that depends do u want a processor which u can upgrade your RAM to or a processor that will be good with your current RAM ?

the reason i say is you with your current amount of RAM you should look at something like an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+

but if you plan to upgrade to 2GB or so then maybe think bout getting an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+

That's a bit step in processor for just another gb of ram. What's your reason for this?

Whats your budget, whats the case you have to see which fan would fit. 2GB of RAM is becoming standard for gaming. Dunno what difference would a 10K for gaming I think improves loading times, and you can aceses files a bit faster may not be noticable.

Yeah, the 10k drive is a nice luxury if you can afford it, but it isn't a "must get."

Also, I'd recommend the 5600+ or the 5200+.

Whats your budget, whats the case you have to see which fan would fit. 2GB of RAM is becoming standard for gaming. Dunno what difference would a 10K for gaming I think improves loading times, and you can aceses files a bit faster may not be noticable.

Budget is not an issue. Just a good processor that suits that rig. My case I'm not sure about. It's a big one. Heh...

AMD wise anything above 5000+ is very good, 6000+ is a great one if you can afford it and suits your specs very good, get an extra GB ram should benefit you a lot. For the video card you were asking the next step would be a DX10 one like the 8800's or the X2900.

the reason i say the lower end AMD if ur keeping 1 GB RAM is that i would think if your only keeping 1GB and not gonna upgrade it then you will more than likely be gettin a new pc b 4 u upgrade so its not worth a decent processor coz the RAM will not be enough

but if u r upgradin to 2GB or more RAM then def get the 5600

Back
Top Bottom