General Question.

kevinscallan

Baseband Member
Help With Motheboard.

My mate has bought a motherboard and PCI Graphics card and installed them into his case today. He connected all the power/reset switches HDD & Power LED's to his mobo.

He then installed his ddr Memory and PCI Graphics card but did'nt fit a Processor or HDD.

He then turned on his half built system and it all powered up ok aparantly but the monitor did'nt switch on it was just staying on with amber light.

When he pressed the power button to turn monitor off then back on it said Self Diagnosis.

Tested his graphics card in another system and work perfectley.

I said to him that it may be down to No processor, Heat Sink or fan being fitted but just want to make sure that his mobo is'nt knackerd.

Can anyone please tell me if the graphics card and mobo should still work with no processor fitted becuase i have never tried that before myself and don't really want to see what will happen if you did.

are u serious? u took the cpu out but u expect the comp to turn on and work? the cpu does everything in the comp, without it nothing is gona work...

I did'nt, a mate of mine did. I thought that may have been what was up with it.

There was other things that i thought that may have gone wrong when pressed the power switch.

PCI Ports on Motherboard may have burnt out?

He's going to get his new processor tomorrow and fit it to finish the system off.

Cheers

kchi55 said:
a computer. is not a computer. if it doesn't have a cpu.

so ture.

but why would you even attempt to turn the computer without a processor? thats like you discovering another element on the periodic table, its never going to happen.

Ok, this thing is really weird. He powers a PCwithout a CPU. Oh wow, wll done. How about the memory?

Also, he finishes ir and gets rid of it.

Tell your mate he's weird.

Back
Top Bottom