general Q.

occucomp

Beta member
ok, I wasn't sure where to put this question, but I have been asked this several times and not quite had an answer. Ok, the question goes, "When you delete the internet history from your computer, is it stored somewhere else, like a deleted files folder, or is the history gone forever?" Thanks
-Mae

Okay, i've posted this a couple time but oh well:

Looking at pr0n are we? ;)

If you use IE: Tools>internet options

Click on the the clear cookies, delete files, and clear history. But if you want to clear like entries from search engines, go to Content>autocomplete and click on clear entries.

If you use Mozilla: just go into options>privacy>clear all

ahh thank you. You comment would have been funny, but I volunteer at a teen girl abuse support forum and most of them don't want their parents to find out that they are on the site, since most of them are being/have been abused by their parent(s) or someone that lives with them. Thanks for you help
-Mae

If you delete the files they can still be recovered, but not very likely many people will know how to do this. There is a file called index.dat in the cookies folder that records every site you have ever visited.

index.dat? Hmm...and there's no way to delete the history stored there, even if you delete the cookies? If so, hopefully your right, and not too many people know about this. Thanks
-Mae

I doubt those abuseful parents would know how to do this. Oh and sorry if that was a bad comment, it's just why people ask this most of the time :p

Ahh, it's ok. I hope your right. I did relize that most people have their 'guilty pleasures' and was trying my best to word the question appropriately. If this wasn't a serious situation I would have laughed though. It is quite hard to ask about covering up your tracks without sounding guilty of something! I understand you meant no harm, thank you all sooo very much.
-Mae

Back
Top Bottom