I'm trying to build a gaming/home theater rig in a slim micro-atx form factor chassis (if possible) and have the following questions:
1. If I get a Micro-ATX case, there's a special type of Micro-ATX power supply, isn't there? Because this
is all there is and I'm not sure if a maximum of 400w will support 4 gigs of RAM, possible quad core pro, and 8800 video card.
2. This is the current motherboard
I have in mind... any other suggestions for a Micro-ATX mobo? The standard reads "DDR2 1066(OC)/800"... OC meaning overclock, right? Which should I choose... 1066 or 800?
3. What are the major differences between the 8800 GTS, GTX, and ULTRA models?
4. Which processor
should I get? All are within a relatively close price range.
5. Seeing that it's going to be quite a tight fit I was also considering a media center case... would that be a better idea?
6. Seeing that I have an HDTV-connecting video card, would I be able to game on an HDTV screen, or use the computer in general? At 1080p and 720p?
That's a lot of rudimentary questions but some of them can be eliminated by answering others. Thanks for your time.