GeForce FX crap?

Meh...the FX series is good. It really depends what manufacturer you buy from...especially XFX.

My graphics board is asus, i have never had a problem with this card and found it quite good for the graphics capabilities i need. "pulled from the toilet".. i disagree

There's nothing wrong with SOME of the FX Cards-

Acceptable cards would include:
FX5700
FX5700Ultra
FX5800
FX5800Ultra
FX5900
FX5900Ultra
FX5950
FX5950Ultra

Any Nvidia card like the 5700LE is a downclocked 5700. Another perfect example of this is the mighty FX5900XT. Now XT makes people think of ATI's XT cards which are like Nvidia's Ultras - Wrong. The 5900XT is downclocked and neutered: 390/700 vs. 400/850, as are SE cards.

Every manufacturer does this, so pay attention to SE, LE ,and XT cards.

Now "pulled from the tiolet" is a strong phrase to use to describe an FX5200, but in my opinion, its not strong enough. I've got sound cards that work harder than that so-called video card. Its not "pulled from the toilet", it belongs to stay there. Its an updated GeForce2MX card with a T&L engine. Its old and needs to be retired, but can still prove useful as a clay pidgeon.

If you're even considering getting a decent Geforce card, stick with the upper 5-series (5700+) or go upper 6-Series(6600GT+) if the budget approves.

-Loyalist

There is nothing wrong with my FX5900 that I have pushed to the FX5950 speeds... now if you guys call the entire line crap.. I'll make issues with you. Especially some of you who go with ATI. :rolleyes: Especially goes to you Zoomtm.. you better watch it when you call my card crap. Some of you people are just plain misinformed or downright idiotic... of course the FX5200 is not fast.. it is an old card.

What is the brand of your FX5700? IF you say XFX.. or some poor third party company.. you'll see the problem.

I say BFG.. and that says quality. As far as I know Nvidia doesn't actually manufacture its video cards so much anymore.. it is a deregulated market (driven by Nvidia). Nvidia sells its chipset (or however it does it) to third companies. These third companies have the choice of putting quality into the card or not.

Same goes for ATI.

Giancarlo said:
There is nothing wrong with my FX5900 that I have pushed to the FX5950 speeds... now if you guys call the entire line crap.. I'll make issues with you. Especially some of you who go with ATI. :rolleyes: Especially goes to you Zoomtm.. you better watch it when you call my card crap. Some of you people are just plain misinformed or downright idiotic... of course the FX5200 is not fast.. it is an old card.

What is the brand of your FX5700? IF you say XFX.. or some poor third party company.. you'll see the problem.

I say BFG.. and that says quality. As far as I know Nvidia doesn't actually manufacture its video cards so much anymore.. it is a deregulated market (driven by Nvidia). Nvidia sells its chipset (or however it does it) to third companies. These third companies have the choice of putting quality into the card or not.

Same goes for ATI.

Did ANYONE say that your cute little 5900 was crap?
I don't think so. Why don't you go off to the corner or something next time you want to vent steam.

There are a lot of great Nvidia Cards out there, and they are the
6600GT, 6800GT, and 6800Ultra. Other than that, (when playing newer games at resolutions greater than 1024x768) many are simply incapable of delivering what gamers want, like the ancient 5200.

-Loyalist

lol loyalist i can tell i like you already, i love arguing. but to get into this discussion there are the 9800, 9800 pro, 9800 256mb cards and even a 9250 will play CSS and HL2 with no lag if you have a good enough system. ATI just pwns Nvidia theres nothing Nvidia can do about it until they figure out how to become cool like ATI. although ATI's cards also cost more but you get what you pay for

Hah, well, I had an XFX GeForce FX 5200. Now that is a bad combination, and I'm positive that everyone will agree with me. See where I'm coming from now? I've always acted like once I experience one type of thing and don't like it, it lessens my tolerance of the same type of thing no matter what... It's just the way I think, I suppose.

Well, I loved the nVidia untill the FX line. Half life two had to get extra code writen especially for the FX series. In their early test Demo's the Radeon 9600 pwned the GF5900. This was mainly due to the game being DirectX9.
Although the FX series of GFX cards were DirectX 9 compatible, they did not follow the specification neatly, they used programming carefully designed drivers to get the results they wanted to meet the DirectX9 specification.
You can't even enable all the graphical settings on Half Life 2 with a nVidia FX5800 or below. Compare the options present in Half Life 2 with a Radeon 9600 system.

Other than that, they were alright cards - if you didn't mind having a vacume cleaner in you PC case.

Alright cards? Alright cards? And excuse me? The shitty Radeon 9600 doesn't even stack up. And guess what? I'll provide benchmarks. There is no way in hell the crappy Radeon 9600 pwns the GF5900 in any respect. Maybe it PWNs the 5200 or the 5700 Non-ultra.. but not the 5900.

ATI just pwns Nvidia theres nothing Nvidia can do about it until they figure out how to become cool like ATI. although ATI's cards also cost more but you get what you pay for

Now you are just blowing fart gas. Nvidia is the one that PWNs ATI in the mid-range market. Say what you want... you are just lying to everyone on here.

Oh here is the evidence:

http://www.digital-daily.com/video/fx5900-vs-radeon9800pro/index04.htm

mark2003-1.gif

mark2003-2.gif

PWNED! Though the 9800 pro does lead in the Unreal tests, it doesn't do it by that big of a margin.

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041119/geforce-6600gt-agp-06.html

(This is moreso demonstrating the FX5950U beating out the 9800 Pro.. interesting because I have my card overclocked to FX5950U speeds [500/1000MHz]).

http://www.tomshardware.com/mobile/20040203/radeon_9700-07.html

Now I bring up those tests to show both the 9600 and 9700 getting PWNed by the FX5700 Ultra.

So next time you guys try to say something please read the facts first.,

Back
Top Bottom