GeForce 9 series due out in February

would it be better to save up and get a 9 series and stick with the card i have, or go ahead and buy the card i want to get the 8600, i should have my new comp up by the middle of jan, it will include, C2Q 2.4GHz, 4GB of DDR2 667, 250GB HDD, Geforce NIVIDIA 8600(or should i with my old card 6200 OC'ed) and get a 9 series when they come out...

advice

would it be better to save up and get a 9 series and stick with the card i have, or go ahead and buy the card i want to get the 8600, i should have my new comp up by the middle of jan, it will include, C2Q 2.4GHz, 4GB of DDR2 667, 250GB HDD, Geforce NIVIDIA 8600(or should i with my old card 6200 OC'ed) and get a 9 series when they come out...

advice

Looks like your going to have a gaming machine..

I'd love to have one of the 9 series, but you don't want it to bottleneck at all by staying with a 6200.. It wouldn't be to bad, but you wouldn't be able to play like Crysis or something until the 9 series card is in.

Direct X 10.1 is going to be pretty good when games start using it. For instance, Global Illumination (something thats only been possible with CPU rendering on 3D software) will be possible on the GPU, so light will bounce realistically to create real shadows. No more of these shadow maps, etc.

Can't wait to see the demo's for these cards.

hmmm... will they support dx11? any speculations as far as that goes? or will we be on the 11 series by time Microsoft comes out with the next OS (I believe its Longhorn atm, right?)

but I might get myself another stick of ram and a 8800gt(s?) then. I bet DDR3 will be pretty mainstream then, I hope.

Back
Top Bottom