Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-14-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Geforce 8600 graphics glitching

Okay, I've had this problem for awhile now. My 8600 GT (which I recently re-installed drivers for) seems to "glitch" randomly while I'm playing games. It doesn't matter if I just turn the computer on for the day, or if it's been on for hours. When I'm doing anything like playing a game or even surfing a web page with animations on it, the screen will all of a sudden freeze and get all pixely, and a low buzzing sound will play. It's even done it while using the visualizer in iTunes. Here are some pictures (taken with a digital camera) for more detail. Sorry for the size.

on a website with animated gifs

same website

assassin's creed loading screen (notice the random dots that aren't supposed to be there)

I have made sure the drivers are up to date, and also that the card is in the slot properly and tightly. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please let me know. Thanks

cowdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: Geforce 8600 graphics glitching

Judging from those pics, it seems that you're video card is giving up the ghost. You should contact the manufacturer about getting a replacement under warranty.

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
Baseband Member

That's what I was afraid of.. it's done this ever since I bought it, and they said they can't do anything because it's been over a month. Great... Thanks anyway
cowdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:52 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdood View Post
That's what I was afraid of.. it's done this ever since I bought it, and they said they can't do anything because it's been over a month. Great... Thanks anyway
im sure the company would try to help you as much as they can even if its not under warranty any more. if its evga at least.