GeForce 7950GX2 Benchmarks

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
NVIDIA is prepping the launch of its Radeon X1900XTX killer. Introducing the new Nvidia GeForce 7950GX2

http://www.digit-life.com/news.html?06/16/91

1543_large_7950gx2_.jpg

haha. look at those numbers. nvidia was jumping up 100 at a time, now they're going by 50's and letters then numbers again. lol

Whatever. Quad SLI needs to mature, it still suffers driver problems. Becides, you still need a SLI motherboard to use just one 7950 GX2 because both GPU's are still in SLI mode. Also, nVIDIA is only doing one 7950 GX2 at launch, then allowing Quad SLI later.

I would rather wait for ATI's R600 core. :D It'll be the fastest DirectX 9 card in the world and it'll have support for DirectX 10. With 64 Unified Shader Processors and 16 texture units, it'll be a force to be reckoned with. Keep in mind that these are unified shader processors, not the traditional independent shaders. It's basically the Xbox 360's Xenos GPU but on steroids. It's guaranteed to have over 650mhz in core clock speed and it'll implement high-speed GDDR4. :D Now that's an nVIDIA anything killer in one package. Imagine if you CrossFire two of those beasts. :D

It's incredible just looking at that chart. The comparison of the 7900 GTX to the 7950 GX2. Improvements on every game and benchmarks.

Well the 7950 GX2 does have two cores in one package. And nVIDIA labeled it wrong. It's not really the fastest SINGLE card in the world, probably the fastest dual-board package in the world, but keep in mind it's two cards linked to one PCI-E bus.

so the 7950gx2 is like 2 juiced up 7900gtx's put into one card?

oh, and dx10 support? on the ati r600? plus gddr4? omg! thats crazy. whens it coming? and yeah 2 of those linked would own nVidia, and its mother. lol

Pretty much. It's really two slightly downclocked 7900 GTX cores put onto two PCBs and linked together to run as one card.

The R600 is supposed to come out near the end of the year, maybe earlier. That's my guess.

Yay another high-end card is on the way! Now I can wait for the other cards to drop in price. ;)

yeh really...hopet hat 7900im buying comes down....or if the gtx comes to 300 that would be great!!!

Back
Top Bottom