Geforce 6800 LE problems

nvm452

Solid State Member
Hey,

I'm experiencing very weird artifacts while playing a lot of games. I was already having this problem last year when i bought my vidcard but since i have only played WoW this year (with which i had no artifacts) I didn't really try to do anything about it. Now i want to play Neverwinter Nights 2 though, and it's become unplayable because of my video card acting weird.
I've tried updating my drivers to the newest drivers and I've tried the omega drivers. When I updated my drivers things only got worse, (meaning more artifacts) and when I used the Omega drivers my pc screen simply went black at the startup of NWN 2. My computer's temperature is at about 52 degrees C steady..
Could anyone provide me with feedback of what I could do about this

My system specs are:
Intel pentium 4 CPU 3.00 ghz
512 mb ram
direct x 9.0c
Nvidia Geforce 6800 LE
160 gb maxtor hd drive

Are there any other games that cause artifacts? If so, which ones?

When you say that your computer temperature is 52C, are you talking about the CPU or the GPU?

A GeForce 6800 is the recommended requirement to play the game. That means you can really only play with medium settings. Try turning down the resolution and other display options and see if it makes a difference.

Other games that cause artifacts are: Dark Messiah, Elder scrolls IV Oblivion, Battlefield 2 (occasionaly). All 3dmark2005 test also run with MAJOR artifacts. For some reason Wolfenstein ET, WC 3 Frozen Throne and World of Warcraft don't run with artifacts. Any ideas why this might be?
The game has been turned down to 800 x 600 res and even when i turned the other display options to the lowest possible option, i still had those artifacts.

Back
Top Bottom