GeForce 440 Go and DirectX Questions

GreenHornet00

Beta member
Hi, I hope this isn't a repedative question but I've been searching around for some answers and can't find what I'm looking for. So, here we go.

I've been looking into buying a laptop for general use before next September. I'm a university student so it'll be used for word processing, presentations, and some gaming. I've currently got my eye on the Compaq Presario 3440 (AMD 64 3000+ 1.8GHz, 512 ram), since it seems to have the right specs and (most importantly) it's within my price range. As I mentioned before, I won't be doing too much gaming on it, but the one game it must be able to run is Day of Defeat. Now, DoD Source will be coming out soon, aparently, and I wanted to know if the GeForce 440 Go card that is on the 3440 will be able to handle it.

My other question is about DirectX. From what I've heard, the 440 Go is only fully compatible with DX 7. Does that mean any game requiring a higher DX will be unplayable on the 440 Go and similar cards (such as Call of Duty or Sid Meier's Pirates!, two of the games I've got my eye on)? How, generally, does DX compatibility affect gaming?

Finally, GeForce 440 Go vs ATI Mobility 9000 (pretty much all the other laptops at the same price bracket have a 9000).

Thanks a lot for your help here.

Back
Top Bottom