Gateway 704GE vs. eMachines T6520

Aeiis

Baseband Member
URGENT!! Need Quick computer help!

I need some info quick I believe today or tomorrow is the last day to get one of these deals. The Gateway is $599 and the eMachines is $450. Let me give you the links in case the specs are too vague.

Gateway 704GE eMachines T6520

The Gateway has an Intel Pentium 4, 250 gb HD, 1 gb RAM, DVD+RW and DVD-ROM, ATI Radeon X300SE 128 mb, and Windows XP.

The eMachines has a AMD Athlon 64 3400+, 200 gb HD, 1 gb RAM, DVD+RW and CD-ROM 48x, ATI Radeon XPRESS 200, and Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition.

I honestly just want you to tell me which one is better all in all, disregarding price, just the stuff that's in it and how well it's going to work. My uses for this computer is going to be Internet Browsing, occasional Homework, burning and watching movies, burning and listening to music, and gaming.

Thanks for the help please respond soon.

BUMP! Don't mean to be pushy or impatient, I just really need info quick!

Define Much Better, I am not really a computer expert when it comes to hardware.

you will probably like the media center edition of windows that comes with emachines better since you said you want to do movie and music stuff on it....and the AMD Athlon 64 I think is 64 bit computing which will allow you to upgrade to windows vista at some point in the future(i'm not positive about this point...maybe someone who knows more about the 64 part can say something).

Windows Vista will come out in both 32bit and 64bit versions. Anyways, yeah, get the eMachines. Gateway is too expensive for that kind of computer IMO.

Back
Top Bottom