Gaming Rig Upgrade

Yeah I couldn't realign the pins, so I just bought the ASRock H97 Anniversary Motherboard for $72.99 USD via Newegg.com. Will update when and if I get the PC running now.... Anyone know anything about cord management?

People have different preferences when it comes to cable management, a lot of it is subject to opinion!

Personally, if a case has built in cable management (holes in the case with rubber flaps etc), then I will tuck the cables behind and tie them up as intended. If the case doesn't have cable management, I tend to tie the power cables I'm using together a bit, and given them just enough stretch to reach their intended port. For example, the auxiliary CPU power cable is tied to the 24 pin cable, and then *branches off" to it's appropriate spot.

I tend to run the SATA cables along the bottom of the case, then straight up when they're underneath the SATA ports (vertical cables look better than loose diagonal ones in my opinion)

The 970 performs a little better and has better efficiency. That results in less heat and noise.
I should also be a very good overclocking card.
I am not a fan of buying outdated (or soon to be outdated) hardware. Specially when you are not even saving that much.

Nice. I am so jealous. I want the 970 so bad. Sense i have bought a 1440P monitor, i can't max out Trible A games anymore

I might do that. But money is a little tight these days.
Just bought the monitor and i have some insurance bills coming up soon.

Guys, I broke down and bought a Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X for $230. That's $100 less than the GTX 970 for about the same performance, and it's better than the GTX 780.

Back
Top Bottom