Gaming Rig Upgrade

DogSong

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, as some of you know, I have a current gaming Rig that isn't very sufficient. My current build:

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.83 GHz
RAM: 4 GB DDR2 @ 800 MHz
Motherboard: ASRock G31
GPU: nVidia Geforce 560 TI
Power Supply: Corsair 600 Watt

DayZ and Rust for me are running really slow now with some new updates so I decided it's time for me to upgrade to something just a tad bit better. What I am upgrading to:

CPU: Core i5 4670K
RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
Motherboard: LGA 1150 Motherboard (not sure which one I want yet)
GPU: Not changing that
Power Supply: Not changing that either

I just want to know what you guys think, and if you have any comments on it. Cheers!

The 560Ti is not gonna hold up much longer if you care about graphics.
I can feel that even my 770 is slowly starting to age. (Note. I can't play games below 50FPS. It also has to be HD with SSAA x2 (or better) and i care much about graphics)

Last edited:
Yes your new proposed build looks good. Like said your current GPU won't hold up much longer so you may as well slap one in that rig..

I am obviously a budget builder, so I am looking to upgrade to a GTX 670 or a 660 Ti. I play some new stuff all the time, and I'm just worried newer games (like Mafia III) won't be playable with a 560 Ti. While on that subject, Mafia III is supposed to be one badass game

What would be the max amount of cash you would want spend on a new GPU?

$200 at the most, and that will have to be after I upgrade everything else. I would like to try dual 560's but that means a better mobo (more $) and a 850 watt PSU vs. the 600 that I currently have :/

I also decided to go with a 3570K instead of the 4670K to save myself a few bucks. Will I see a significant performance difference between the two?

Back
Top Bottom