Gaming Rig

I'm gonna go for eight gigs of ram, I want this to last a while. :)
Thank you though, I printed the list out, and I'm taking it to CompUSA tomorrow.
Would DDR3 RAM make a large difference in performance?

no problem man

ddr3 would not work with that motherboard

if u want, just order another package of the RAM i picked...its really cheap and is great memory... im using it in my system that im building monday

Yeah I'll get eight gigs, if you're gonna do something, do it all the way :D
Since you live by Naperville, you ever go to the CompUSA they have there? I go to the one in Orland Park.
I'm gonna get the parts at the store, for some reason I just feel more secure on large orders, when I personally get it, not when it goes through whatever treatment UPS gives it.

Yeah I'll get eight gigs

Better choose an operating system wisely. Windows 7 would be a great choice. Grab the beta now, buy the full version when it comes out (I believe you have until March 2010 until the RC1 beta expires).

Someone correct me, but I believe you would still need the 64-bit version of Win 7 to run 8gbs of ram? :confused:

Better choose an operating system wisely. Windows 7 would be a great choice. Grab the beta now, buy the full version when it comes out (I believe you have until March 2010 until the RC1 beta expires).

Someone correct me, but I believe you would still need the 64-bit version of Win 7 to run 8gbs of ram? :confused:

Wouldn't Vista 64-bit work?
Yeah yeah, Vista and it's problems, but I heard SP2 fixes it.
Vista would work, as my friend bought a store-bought, it came STOCK with eight gigs and Vista 64-bit, so I believe that's good.
Am I right or am I missing something?

Wouldn't Vista 64-bit work?
Yeah yeah, Vista and it's problems, but I heard SP2 fixes it.
Vista would work, as my friend bought a store-bought, it came STOCK with eight gigs and Vista 64-bit, so I believe that's good.
Am I right or am I missing something?

Yes it would. A 64 bit operating system is needed if you want to access the full 8 gigs of memory. I have had XP 64 bit, Vista 64 bit and currently Win 7 64 bit installed on my current system with 8 gigs of ram. They worked with the 8 gigs of ram. I am really liking Win 7 for my current machine and will probably buy it when it comes out. My XP and Vista 64 bit licenses will probably end up on another new build I'm planning and an system that I have sitting around without a license.

I have no idea why people are just blindly saying "oh cool, yeah, get 8GBs of RAM, sweet dude!"...that's just overkill and most of that RAM will just sit there unused, 4GBs is more than enough for any system right now and if you ever needed 4GBs more RAM later on it would probably be cheaper to add it then...

also, this OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ500MXSP 500W psu is on sale right now and is a great deal, it's better than the Rosewill psu that was linked earlier and it's modular, which will help with case clutter and airflow, plus it has a $25 MIR...

Windows 7 RC would be a great choice for an OS right now because you can just download it and burn it (legally), then install it, you can run it until March for free and then buy it when it's for sale after that...

cutting back on the amount of RAM and saving on the OS right now means that you could probably upgrade the video card or processor choice without going over your budget, or just keep them the same and keep that saved money in your pocket...

Back
Top Bottom