Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Gaming PC build

I guess everyone is tired of these post about "What is a good processor" or "AMD or Intel" but I am asking a somewhat strange question today.

You see, some people want a PC that can play every game ever made ever, but I want to make a PC for 300-360, I can go higher but I am stretched for money and if I spend all my money I may live like a hermit.

I don't care for playing the newest games but if it is possible I'm not complaining. I just care for playing quite old games, like around 5 year old games, indie games stuff like that.

I found this video quite interesting since he spent $300, (182 in the UK) that could play the latest games and the comments are quite positive saying it works, and many people agree with him. This is the set-up fresh from the description of the video.

The Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 $50
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-ES2L $56
4GB OCZ DDR3 6400MHz Gold $40
500gb Harddrive
1GB ATI 3870x2 $60
Thermaltake Wing RS 101 $10
Great Wall 600SEL $15
Generic Blue LED 12cm Case Fan $5
Postage $30
Total: $296

Though I do feel a little nervous building a PC, I have seen videos where people are making PC's and I am sure I know what I am doing but something is stopping me.

So to sum this up, I want quite a high power PC but I don't care much for playing on the highest setting imaginable, I don't need an OS or monitor and I will mostly be playing indie games, but primarily the ideal set-up would be the set-up above me. I am also a little nervous about building it myself but I can if I need to.

This is the video in case you need to see it, Please help since I have been searching the web for this answer for a heck of a long time

Todd1986 is offline   Reply With Quote