Gaming Computer (help)

Do I really need this with the SSD? Is it possible with 2 500GB harddrives and I will definitely think about this some more. Thankyou

remember that you only have 120GB on that SSD, so everything else that are not on the SSD is gonna be WAY more slow.
but having the rest of the data on a RAID0 setup reduces the difference in speed.
still the SSD will kick the RAID0 setup's ass.

you don't "need" it, but it is just great to have.
if money is a problem then remember you safe a little on the RAM by going 2x4.
it's just what I would have done.

Thanks for the advice, with the RAID0 setup how much memory would I have? Would it be 1TB still? I heard that it is the amount of drives multiplied by the lowest capacity drive so for example 1TB and 2TB it would be 1TB x 2 so its 2TB instead of 3TB is this correct? If so, then i would get 2TB still but it would just be faster?

Yes. It isn't a good idea to mix drive capacities when building a RAID array. If you put a 1TB and a 2TB drive in a RAID 0 then you will have a total of 2TB available to you even though there are physically 3TB of disk space. The other 1TB is wasted, which in turn is wasted money. You're paying for disk space that cannot be used.

For the best performance, don't use the onboard sound card. This is because the sound quality is not optimal if you compare with external sound card. Trust me.

not worth it?? where have you read that?
you get 2 TB of storrage and the drives are working together to give you 60%-80% extra read speed,
or you can pay double and get like 2x the speed of the RAID but only having 240gb.
ssd = double read speed but double the price.
Raid0 = ½ the readspeed but ½ the price and 8x storage.
your choice. i know what i would choose.

Back
Top Bottom