Gaming Computer (help)

Codyfire1

Solid State Member
Hi, I've been planning on getting a new gaming PC for a while now and I have finally decided on the parts. I would just like some feedback on whether it will be good enough to play games like minecraft, nexuiz, garrysmod, css and new games that I may be getting such as BF3. Also are there any areas that may need some improvement?

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Prime SD1484
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V
Memory: 16GB Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance (4x4GB)
Hard Drives: WD Caviar Black 1TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
2nd hard drive: Corsair 120GB Force3 SSD S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
Optical Drive: 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB
Sound card: Onboard 7.1 Audio
Case: Zalman Z11 Plus
PSU: 700W Xigmatek

looks great to me.

personally i would have gone for a 2x4 gig RAM set with more mhz and possible lower Latency instead.
i see no point in getting a 4x4 set of RAM if you are not doing anything with servers and virtual mashines.

also i would have percused one extra WD Caviar harddrive and put it in RAID0.
once going RAID with 7200 harddrives you never go back to only 1 single 7200 harddrive.

Thankyou for your feedback, what would be the benefits of using 2 hardrives instead of 1? Also I will maybe be creating a server so I would like the 16gb RAM also the place that I am buying it from 1600mhz is the most there is.

Well this will be my first PC that is completely mine and I wasn't planning to OC but I am aware that the i5 2500k OC better.

Still if you overclock a 2500k to the MAX and do the same thing with the 3570k you will have more performance then the 2500k.
The sandy bridge gets more % performance boost but still can't quite match the IVY bridge in raw power.
But you need to be a little more aware of the cooling because the IVY bridge tends to get hotter a little faster then sandy bridge.

The RAID0 setup is.... you know what, it would be easier if you just watch the video below.
He is great, and better to explain it then me.
First he is talking about RAID0 and RAID1, then he shows you how to set it up. All you can ask for in a RAID0/1 video is there.
RAID 0 & RAID 1 Setup Guide (NCIX Tech Tips #77) - YouTube

Yeah looks good to me too, also I use Patriot 4x4 16GB Ram, and I use all of it for my daily tasks, like rendering movies, and editing larger scale 3D objects, but depending on your exact tasks you may not need as much as other people have said, and I will admit myself that my 16GB is a bit overkill, but I had the money for it so I got it.

Back
Top Bottom