Gaming computer build, need advice on parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjrdude

BSOD
I am building a gaming PC and I thought you guys might be of some assistance. What do you recomend for a complete computer, and where do you recomend I purchase the parts. I am on an $800 budget.

for your purchases you can use newegg.com or go to Fry's (if your in UK im not sure). about your parts, what cpu sompany would YOU choose? AMD? Intel? but since you want a gaming comp, go with AMD :)

oh yeah, Welcome to CF! never seen you here so thought i might welcome you...:)

Thanks for the welcome! I was planning on Going with AMD, but I am new to computers so I thought I would ask you guys. Which AMD 64 bit processor would be the biggest bang for my buck. 3000, 3200? I am on an $800 budget.

i say go with the 3200, the better of the two, because other computer parts you can upgrade later, so it probably would be better to cut back on those if your budget forces you to

SJRDUDE: I have decided to go with PCI-Express so I will be able to upgrade easier in the future (correct me if I am wrong). I just can't find a Motherboard with a 939 socket and a PCI-E slot! Any help would be greatly appriciated!

umm...AMD wont support PCI-E until the nforce4 chipset comes out. The mobo alone will cost u over $100. If i were you i would save up some more and build a better comp.

yeah, 800 is a pretty weak budget for a gaming computer. The video card will drain money from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom