Gaming Computer

Nzforever

Beta member
im after a good gaming computer, one that can run new games in decent quality, and does lag.
Is this a good start

4th Gen i7 4790k Extreme Gaming PC -- Intel Latest processor Haswell Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz CPU, Intel Z97 Chipset MB, SATA3, USB3, 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2TB SATA3 HDD and 120GB SSD ,GTX 960 2GB Video Card, 22x SATA DVD Writer with Antec Gaming Case with 550W Power Supply MEPS Ready

* CPU --- The latest Intel Haswell i7 4790K 4.0Ghz/4.4Ghz turbo core x 4 Quad Core LGA 1150 8MB Cache Super Processor.

* Motherboard --- Gigabyte /Asus Intel Z97 CHipset Socket 1150 , 4 X DDR3 DIMM,VGA/DVI/HDMI,6 X SATA3,USB3,RAID

Memory --- Kingston /Crucial 16GB DDR3-1600 Memory
*OS Hard Drive--- Samsung /Kingston 120GB 2.5" SATA Solid State Drive for incredible loading times

* Hard Drive --- West Digital 2000GB SATA3 Hard Drive
* DVD Writer --- SATA 22x Speed Optical DVD Writer

* PC Case ---Raidmax Horus Mid Tower with 1 x front 120mm Blue LED fan + 1 x 120mm rear fan (Side fan is Optional) with 600 Golden 80 plus power supply

* Video Card ---High Quality Brand EVGA/ Gigabyte GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 PCIe DX11 & HDMI Ready. excellent gaming and multimedia performance with this super rocket!

8 Channel High-Definition Audio, Gigabit LAN broadband ready.

* OS --- Install Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with disc and coa

USB port--2 Front USB3.0 , 6Rear USB ( include 2x rear usb 3.0)

What is your overall budget? What you already have (peripherals, reusing any parts)?

CPU- 4790 is great but the 4770 will save you money and perform just as well. Get the unlocked version if running a tab below the 4790 would leave your butthurt. ;)

Mobo- Asrock's boards are pretty killer and usually sell for less than Asus or Gigabyte. Don't get me wrong, I like both of them but less for equal or better just makes sense.

RAM- I guess I am a touch old school but I stick with G.Skill and have since s939 days (Google it). 16GB is great but you can run with 8GB and never notice the differnce.

OS drive- definitely go with an SSD. 120 would be the minimum for the OS drive. I am running a 120 SSD myself and have about 55GB open so that'll work.

Hard drive- serious advice here, get another SSD for your games and a mechanical for storage. Go with either a 256/240GB or (preferably) a 512/500GB SSD. Grab a WD Black mechanical of whatever size you think you will need for storage (video, music, whatever)

Case- personal preference

GPU- the 960 is a good choice

CPU - Practically you won't see a real difference between the i7 and the top-end i5 for gaming

Motherboard - Looks good!

RAM/Memory - Kingston/Crucial are known brands and these should work fine!

Hard Drive - As the guy above said, get a 120GB (or 128) SSD (or bigger) and use the mechanical hard drive for just data storage, you won't regret it!

Graphics Card/GPU - the 960 is good, but the 970 would definitely be better! (and my personal choice).

Power Supply - Not too sure on this, make sure you don't skimp out on this, if your power supply fails it could cost you a fortune. I know it doesn't add to the performance of your PC if you get a better one, but the logic is based around protecting your expensive PC!

Please get a better case. Something like the Corsair Carbide 400r that I have and totally recommend. The 200r is also good and quite cheap. DO NOT SKIMP OUT ON THE PSU. You will be sorry if that thing tanks and takes your comp with it. Spend the extra money and get a good one by a name brand. Corsair is my go to choice but Superflower and Seasonic make excellent ones as well.

Corsair does not make PSUs so they carry many makes and some not so good. Seasonic and Super Flower mades will be a good choice for heavy duty uses.

I know they don't make them and I am also aware that some aren't good. But a CX series or up will be perfectly acceptable. I'm rocking a GS 700w and couldn't be happier with it.

Back
Top Bottom