Gaming Computer

I would go with a reference model 5850. The visiontek or diamond one should be about $40 cheaper, and has software voltage control and the ability to flash to a 5870 vBIOS.

Also, 850w is epic overkill. Unless you plan on crossfiring, I suggest more like 650. Even that is a lot.

Another thing you could do is get a phenom II 955 and overclock it yourself. You should save $20 by bumping the multiplier by 1x.

Other than that, looks good. If you plan to crossfire later on, a 790fx board would be good though.

i was wondering if u can explain the overclocking procees to me cuz i somewhat dont understand that....

you ever think of getting a cheaper case and put the money else where like a aftermarket HS

Well it is simple in this case. Just enter your mobo's bios, and adjust tge cpu clock multiplier. It should be at 16 by default, so change it to 17. Then you basically have a 965. Voltage adjustment should not be necessary.

you ever think of getting a cheaper case and put the money else where like a aftermarket HS

Not really useful for a 200 mhz overclock. The op clearly does not know how to oc, so it is not the best idea to start bumping vcore on his brand new rig.

ok i understand know overclocking.... and the case actually does have good benefits with the fans if u actually look at it it has a good amount of fans whcih allows me not to buy fans, which i were to have done. Also take into account this is a crazy gaming rig and cooling is a must. So if i were to reduce pricing as foothead said he said an 850w is very killer as in good. But i really dont mind paying 1200$ for this build wat im really asking u guys to do is look at my build and tell me for under $1200 is there a way to make it better. So final question OUT OF MY BUILD I SHOWD U GUYS NOT WORRYING OF PRICE MAKING SURE IT IS <OR EQUAL TO 1200, TO MAKE THE BUILD AND BETTER THAN IT ALREADY IS...SO BY REDUCING SOMEHTING IN ONE THING AND ADDING MORE INTO ANOTHER LIKE FOOTHEAD SAID WITH REDUCE POWER SUPPLY AND INCREASE SOMETHING? THX ALOT PPL

and btw.. if overclocking is necessary i could always get my cousin who has a job doing this stuff. So dont worry about that if overclocking needed everything else though i can rig up myself

Reduce psu to 650w. Modular is typically not necessary in a case as big as the 1200.

Use the money you saved to upgrade to a 5870. Get the reference model. They can be identified by an amd logo above the pci express slot. Just look at pictures of them and you can find it.

ok ty... i will do just that but one more thing are the phenom+mother board compatible because someone was telling me how mobo is dual channel and it needed to be triple...but im like wtf... i dont thing there are much triple

ok tyvm... so decrease power supply to say 650w modular....(i like working with that)...and go higher up with video card say a 5870....I was thinking what about upping ram....since afterall 5850.. crazy enough.

Back
Top Bottom