Gaming Advice For F.E.A.R. & BF2

Theres a expansion out there where u could convert xbox, gamecube, and the ps2 controller into a pc controller. Or if you just started playing games on a mice and keyboard i would recommend u to get used to it like wat k0409964 said.

TomK said:
I recently built a new PC using the following parts:

1. Antec Sonata II Case
2. AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego
3. 2G Corsair XMS
4. Asus A8NE
5. 160 G Seagate HD
6. Sound Blaster X-FI Platinum
7. eVGA 6800GS Video Card
8. Viewsonic VP930b LCD Monitor
9. Sony DRU820A DVD R
10. Logitech Media Keyboard Elite and Optical Mouse

Creative Sound Blaster included a CD Rom with demos of “Battlefield 2” and “F.E.A.R”. I will get the full version of these games but I would like some advice first. It feels very awkward playing them with the keyboard and mouse. In a fit of panic I've blasted my own troops in BF2 and I was the Medic!. Playing F.E.A.R. I ran out of ammo and got eaten by Fettle. Would a game controller or joystick be better? If you play these games could you give me some advice.
Thanks,
TomK

dont shoot youre team mates :D

i kinda have the same problem. first of all i am left handed, so its difficult for me to control the mouse in my right hand. then my fingers get all mixed up using the wasd setup. i think i might have my fingers the wrong way though. which finger goes on the 'W' key? is it the ring finger or middle finger?

sorry for stealing the thread

In BF2, people have tried to fly jets and helos with a joystick. IMO, using a mouse and keyboard is just fine. Just get a high sense mouse and a keyboard you like. All it takes is practice and more practice to be able to fly well.

When I first started gaming on a computer I didnt like the whole mouse and keyboard thing. After playing for a while you get used to it. Then I just got logitech for racing/sports games. I can't fly in BF2 with a mouse and keyboard though. I always run in to the ground and stuff. Of course I hardly ever play it...

kocheez75 said:
just curious...can you use the xbox 360 controllers (with the usb connection) as a joystick?

im pretty sure you can (but of course the xbox controllers arent exactly joysticks.) Keyboard is better than a game controller like that.

Back
Top Bottom