Gaming

jp42356p

Solid State Member
OK I am still having some trouble figuring this out... I bought this game Company of Heroes and I installed it correctly... However when i try to play the game as soon as i open in it say "Failed to find a supported hardware rendering device. Ensure that your system meets the minimum requirments for Company of Heroes. Verify that DirectX is properly installed and that you have the lastest drivers for your system." So I am guessing that my computer does not have the min requirments. Here are the min requirments for the game:
MINIMUM

• Windows® XP or Vista
• 2.0 Ghz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent or AMD Athlon XP or equivalent
• 512 MB RAM
• 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 64MB video card with Pixel Shader 1.1 support or equivalent and latest manufacturer drivers (see supported chipsets below)
• DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card
• 8x or faster CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive
• Keyboard, Mouse
• 6.5 GB of uncompressed free hard drive space (We recommend having 1 gigabyte of of free space after installation)

Now here is what my computer is:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: DIM4500
BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/18/02 13:31:28 Ver: 08.00.00
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40 GHz
Memory: 510MB RAM
Page File: 418MB used, 828MB available
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce4 MX 420
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 64.0 MB

I want to upgrade my computer to just play this game i dont care how good it is just be able to play it. I called Dell and the recomened this graphic card that will work for my system: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0522287
I am not sure if this graphci card is going to make the game work or not. And also someone told me to upgrade my RAM. I erally know nothing about computers so i have no idea what i should do. I just want to be able to play games with no problem. Thanks

Edited the video card link that dell recomended: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0522287

It's the vid card. And the link you provided does not work.
How much can you spend on a new vid card? And any agp/pci-e slots? (since it's a dell go to their website, find the computer you have and post the link, or look at the "expansion slots" or something like that and see what it says about pci, agp and pci-e) And power supply wattage?

Isn't this the third time you've posted this? I'm no mod. or veteran around here, but out of courtesy...keep it to one thread.

Yes, like it was said in other threads for this, your video card is no good for the game. its not nearly strong enough.

Back
Top Bottom