Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-22-2006, 10:38 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default GameXP

GameXP
This is a little app that automatically optimizes your computers settings for 'gaming'. You can save your current settings and always go back if anything goes wrong and they have options if you don't want them to optimize your graphics card settings or something...

"Game XP is intended to optimize the performance of your computer for gaming needs. It tweaks and modifies various XP settings (cache settings, CPU priority etc.) and optionally disables or stops several Windows services that are usually not needed. The program does not require any installation, and does not need to be running at all times. Game XP extends your operating system's capabilities and makes Windows faster and comfortable for maximum gaming experience."

and its FREE

Impruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:44 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: GameXP

ive used this before and didnt really see a difference...

Old 01-22-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
In Runtime

When I used it, I gained 2 fps lol....oh well. Also, it allowed all my games to run without norton blocking my games to connect to servers too. It's useful for beginners that don't want to optimize their settings themself.
Impruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:55 PM   #4
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67

Blah I can improve performance on my own. No need for it. Good suggestion though.
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:59 PM   #5
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impruv
When I used it, I gained 2 fps lol....oh well. Also, it allowed all my games to run without norton blocking my games to connect to servers too. It's useful for beginners that don't want to optimize their settings themself.

Hey 2 fps is a difference between playability you know. I can't belive they made software that actually works for games! Either way I still don't like it..... lol
HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote