Games with Vista... (compatibility question)

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
Ok so i just got vista (yesterday) and I am still figuring it out... I am thinking about buying and installing this game called Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas, but the system requirements are below:

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas Download Minimum System Requirements

• Supported OS:Windows XP (only)
  • Processor:p4 3Ghz or AMD equivalent
  • RAM:1024 Mb
  • Video Card:128MB, Shader Model 3 and DirectX 9.0c compatible
  • Sound Card:DirectX 9.0c compatible
  • DirectX Version:DirectX 9.0c
  • Peripherals Supported:
    Mouse, keyboard, headsets, Xbox360 Controller, etc.
  • Multiplay:
    Local area network (LAN) and/or 128kbit Cable/DSL connection for online game
So my question is will this game work with vista? Will vista backwards compatibility with the XP games?

might, might not. i have it(cant play it yet though) and i didnt meet the reqs when i did the compatiblity test and i failed the OS while on vista lite

umm... sorry im a bit confused...

I have all of the required hardware, except I am running Vista, and I was wondering if vista will run XP games, in general...

its says XP only and Vegas came out after vista so im assuming that all XP only games are XP only...why wouldnt they?

A lot of XP games will work on Vista. The best thing you can do is to try to find others that have the game and Vista, or try it yourself.

yeah i agree with cabbspapp because i play cs from the first one to source and even though it asked me to update graphics drivers, i do it, then it works. you should give all games a try and see which one is compatible and which one isnt. although A LOT of games will run slower than usual on windows vista.

ok will Rome Totle war And medieval Total war and WOW work on Vista

PLZ SAY YES PLZ SAY YES PLZ SAY YES OR YEA

Back
Top Bottom