games running slow...

ive ran that disk defragger, disabled themes service, downloaded the latest drivers and also changed a few things in the new control panel that came with the drivers, also created a new account on my pc with f**k all running, no wallpaper, no icons on desktop, totally bare and ran sa, same thing. i might re format but as i ran rct3 on a clean format before and it was the same. tbh i remember the first time i installed it on this pc it ran a lot faster than it did now. oh that disk keeper profg said something about my mrt is high and may get fragmented....
i know my pc is crap but it should run a bit better surely. i must say my pc is at lightening speed now after ive done all that stuff... its always fast when i use xp classic theme.
oh heres the rct3 requirements, compare them with my pc: Recommended System Requirements:
Operating System: Windows® 98/98SE/Me/2000/XP (Windows® XP recommended)
Processor: Pentium® III 733 MHz or compatible (Pentium® 4 1.2 GHz or compatible recommended)
Memory: 128 MB RAM; 256 MB for XP (256 MB; 384 MB for XP recommended)
Hard Disk Space: 600 MB free
CD-ROM Drive: 4X CD-ROM or faster (8X or faster recommended)
Video: Any ATI Radeonâ„¢ or GeForceâ„¢ 2 with 32MB or higher; or other video card with 32MB and hardware T&L (ATI Radeonâ„¢ 64 MB SDR or GeForceâ„¢ 2 Pro or other video card with 64 MB or more memory and hardware T&L recommended)*
Sound: Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP-compatible 16-bit sound card*
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9.0b (included) or higher

Only other thing that might be possible is overclocking, cant think of anything else

i mean my processors rated at 3.0ghz, i have 576mb ram, i have 100gb on my hdd free, i have about 300mb ram free if i close some stuff before running each game, my vid card isnt the best but should run rct3 decently surely.
i also have had other probs which are unrelated, first of all the files in my "my recieved files" have dissapeared apart from the stuff i got sent today, recover my files doesnt seem to be finding them and they are not in my recycle bin. im sure i never moved them. i also need help with this thread if it will let you view it http://www.gamehackersguild.com/showthread.php?t=4233 ... so many problems :( ... oh i dont think i can overclock because i have a compaq pc which disables stuff in the bios

LambOfGod said:
Do a fresh install w/ sp2

download and install the latest drivers

install the games.

Crank the settings DOWN.

and let us know what happens

I still say you should follow these instructions to the letter. (do nothing else but those things)

What open expansion slots do you have on your motherboard?

AGP?

i would spring for a new G card, even if its a Lower end card. it will Free up Lots of Ram and surely be the answer to your problems.

yea i might invest in one.. depends if i get a laptop and what it will be like on there. ive sorted both the extra problems above... i might re install today

im installing my newly aqquired xp pro sp2 student release on a new 10gb partition.... in fact ive just realised thats silly... ill make it a bit bigger.... ill keep you posted on my old pc ... now its just over 20gb... ill try like that.. just finishing burning the disk

Back
Top Bottom