games run slow

ndatoxicity

Daemon Poster
hey everyone, i had a question

is there a way to speed up gaming speed? the specs of my laptop are below (in sig)... and i think they are good enough to play games like guild wars or bf2 on medium settings... but heres my problem

i can really only play them on low... and i have the same terrible frame rate drop in every game im playing... it always drops right off the edge of a cliff in a second (from like 40-60 down to like 10-20) then goes back to normal for maybe 5 seconds or so... then drops again - its really annoying, especially in a FPS

is there anyway i can help this, or is it just because of my shitty hardware?

thanks

I'd check temps if I were you. If its dropping that much, and then going back again, it would seem to be this causing it.

If you have the Nvidia control panel, check the temps. You may have to download that temperature monitor for it.

Run a game, and minimize when it happens, and check what the core temp reached

Also get rid of that hard drive. I had the exact same hard drive in my laptop before I upgraded it.

I'd check temps if I were you. If its dropping that much, and then going back again, it would seem to be this causing it.

If you have the Nvidia control panel, check the temps. You may have to download that temperature monitor for it.

Run a game, and minimize when it happens, and check what the core temp reached

ok... uh where would i find the nvidia control panel?

EDIT: never mind, found it

how do i check temps with it

If you go to the Control Panel, click on Display.
From there, go to the Settings tab, and at the bottom click, Advanced.

Then click on the Nvidia tab, and it'll have an option to open the Nvidia Control Panel.

If you haven't used this before, you probably won't have the temperature option, so you'll need to install this:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html

This can be used to overclock your GPU, but it can also be used to just check temperatures. It'll install itself to the Nvidia control panel, so you can see directly, how fast the core is getting :)

If you go to the Control Panel, click on Display.
From there, go to the Settings tab, and at the bottom click, Advanced.

Then click on the Nvidia tab, and it'll have an option to open the Nvidia Control Panel.

If you haven't used this before, you probably won't have the temperature option, so you'll need to install this:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html

This can be used to overclock your GPU, but it can also be used to just check temperatures. It'll install itself to the Nvidia control panel, so you can see directly, how fast the core is getting :)

ok thanks, will post temps... it will probably be scary

EDIT: uh oh... 86C PROBABLY isnt good.. is it? LOL

... Is that the highest it gets before it starts performing slowly, or at the start of running a game when everythings fine?

That is a bit hot if it's idle...

Run a game now then, and minimize when it starts running slowly.

To me, it may be overheating, and then cooling as the core slows down to compensate, and then speeds back up again, to have the same result over and over.

That is a bit hot if it's idle...

Run a game now then, and minimize when it starts running slowly.

To me, it may be overheating, and then cooling as the core slows down to compensate, and then speeds back up again, to have the same result over and over.

its at 88 when it starts to slow down... :\

Back
Top Bottom