games lagging

jimar

Beta member
Hey all, just something which has been bothering me a bit over the past few weeks -

Whenever I'm playing a game, it would run smoothly for a few seconds, and then video lags pretty badly for a few more seconds, and then go back to being normal again and so on. Sound and everything else seems fine. This happens on every game I've tried - Age of Kings, Warcraft3, FIFA etc, and even DX-Ball (a clone of the old classic 'breakout'). I'm guessing that this might also happen when I'm running office apps or internet, just that it's only noticible when playing games.

Specs:
Dell Inspiron 5150 notebook
3Ghz Pentium 4
512MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 32 MB
Windows XP SP2

I've tried getting the latest drivers, virus and spyware scanned, but to no avail. Could it be a problem with the hardware? Sound familiar to anyone? Any help greatly appreciated, cheers.

Hmm... my dad has a problem with this, but it's because he doesn't have the drivers installed correctly (and so it is the one windows picked out) which causes it to slow down, and speed up (in windows, it cauises the mouse to lag, and the windows to shift slowly)
It's definetly not you're hardware not being able to cope...

Try uninstalling the drivers first, then reinstalling them... I'm sorry if i'm not much help...

Hope i've helped anyways... in some way at least
Kage

Could be your video card. The Go5200 isnt much of a performer, so it could be part of the problem.

ya laptops are not idealy used for games, adn it might be ur connection gto the interent if u are playing those games online, otherwise get programs that scan for spyware, adn adware, and get a virus detector, also make sure to defragment your computer to help the ggeneral speed programs are opneed from ur hdd

Back
Top Bottom