Games acting odd

GibsonSGKing

Daemon Poster
OK, I just installed a Radeon HD 5770, from an old GTS250. Anyhow, now Borderlands won't run due to a lack of a PhysX driver, and in GTA4 it lags like hell regardless of settings, and the cars are really screwed up. No tires, a lot of missing body pieces, it's just odd. Is there a way to fix this without a reinstall, or at least save my gamesaves? I could cry right now, because I have this new video card and I can't see my pretty games :(

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for a start.

I just installed them though :-/

I uninstalled all nvidia drivers, then installed the card, then installed the drivers, then restarted, then tried to play the games. It's a total fresh install :confused:

Something could have went wrong, just do it anyway.

Also, try unchecking the audio driver during driver install.

As far as the physX one, you will have to reinstall that game. It needs its own PhysX suite and it appears you removed it along with the NV drivers.

As far as GTA4, back up your gamesaves and reainstall the game. Simplest way.

As far as the physX one, you will have to reinstall that game. It needs its own PhysX suite and it appears you removed it along with the NV drivers.

As far as GTA4, back up your gamesaves and reainstall the game. Simplest way.

Bah, thought so.

I wasn't even aware that the game used physx though, as it has no actual physics in the game :p

At least I can backup the save files though, so it's not too bad :eek:

That should take care of it.

What are you doing with the GTS 250?

Most likely going to add it as a PhysX card, I miss it already when I play Mirrors Edge :eek:

Mirrors Edge is one of my all time favorites, and the PhysX in it was just beautiful, it really made the game for me. So not having it (I can totally max the game including PhysX with the 5770, but it still doesn't look quite the same) is really a bummer lol.

If I can't get it to work as a PhysX card, or it isn't worth the trouble, I'll simply retire it to my old rig, which is still a good rig. I'm sort of taking this new video card one step at a time though lol. It has excellent temps though, never goes over 61*C :D

Actually, it seems you can install PhysX without a PhysX processor, so that was probably my problem XD

Back
Top Bottom