Game Piracy to be stopped by encryption chip

Prices are rising due to inflation.

A dollar a song (Like on many music stores) is a very fair amount of money for what you are getting. You don't need to go pay 20$ per CD.

You don't need to purchase movies, you can get some awfully cheap rentals nowadays.

Games are expensive, and their worth the cost. Game development costs are astronomical (Moreso for games with their own engine).

Prices are rising due to inflation.

A dollar a song (Like on many music stores) is a very fair amount of money for what you are getting. You don't need to go pay 20$ per CD.

You don't need to purchase movies, you can get some awfully cheap rentals nowadays.

Games are expensive, and their worth the cost. Game development costs are astronomical (Moreso for games with their own engine).

I know that for some people that have money, buying legit stuff isn't a problem. But, when you come from a small town where there's very little jobs and families don't have a lot of money, making ends meet is hard enough, let alone trying to mix in a little entertainment. Every dollar counts when you are hard up for cash, leaving little alternative but piracy. I'm not saying it's ok to pirate, I'm saying some people turn to it because of their situation...I can see both sides of the issue, but I don't like big companies taking in big profits while the rest of us small fish sit and suffer because they take over industries (despite there being laws again monopolies). The best example of this is overpricing of oil companies who take in multi-billion dollars in profits each year...I guess that's what you get in the "land of the free"....

This isn't going to change anything. You have any idea how long it would take for everybody to be using PCs equipped with this chip? What are they gonna do, only allow people with it to play new games? Fat chance.

And even so, they're team of testers and what have you are just a drop in the bucket compared to the legions of hackers who pour countless hours into cracking this sort of thing.

Not wanting to be a negative nancy, but thats what I think.

I for one try and buy all my games that I enjoy, as they are worth it.

Geez, reminds me.

Last week I was at a GameStop, the guy behind the counter was going on about how used games were the way to go, but when I told him I buy more pc games than console games, he gave me a funny look and laughed at me, then said "You actually BUY pc games?"

It's people like this that are the cancer killing the PC gaming industry.

Well, the way I see it from my eyes, is that if I already have a great computer, why I am going to go buy a PS3 or XBOX360 for hundreds of dollars? So with that comes that fact that I'm going to just play most games on PC, but since I'm saving money on NOT buying systems, I can buy a game that I really really like...

I just wonder why some people think they need to own EVERY gaming system out there...it's just so pointless in my mind...really. I have people in my school that have bought a Wii JUST to play Wii Sports...they don't have any other games....who does that?!

Idk, that's just my feelings on that...

quit moaning for once in your life.
this member posts 1 news article and your getting pissy
grow up

Matt

learn to friken read "matt"
it was a joke
when i put =P that isnt an insult thats a im joking/silly face
me and him joke about this all the time

Back
Top Bottom