Game Lag (FPS)

I think you really need to get a better HSF. Yes, P4s are naturally hot, but you still need to try your best to cool them. Any aftermarket HSF will help a lot better than stock. Arctic Silver 5 Thermal paste and the HSF you have now will even help A LOT.

If I remember correctly, the thermal breakdown range of the Pentium line is around 63 - 64 degrees Celsius.

Hello,

I installed my asus's heat watcher thing that cam with my mother board and normally my CPU runs at 39-45 in game its 53-58 so i dont thing its the heat the lags be.. maybe ram?? Oh and i also set it to alert me once it hits over 63.. and it hasent yet

This is really confusing. Are we all sure it's a hardware issue or not? And I wouldn't have thought it would be the RAM unless you have all 4 slots filled up and your RAM doesn't have heatspreaders and you are using the stock cooling so heat will not be drawn away from the RAM.

theres notting else it could be but the video card.. cuz i tested other ram... as i said before it was like this before untill i downgraded my drivers. now no matter what i do with the video drivers it dosent work.. plus its a 3 year old video card.. x1650 pro ATi temp = 44 and 52 in game

maybe? :confused:

Dude what are ur rates for cs? maybe this will help a bit (Pay attention to the bold part)

Rates:

Rates are the most important this to consider in counter-strike. You mainly have 3 variables, cl_updaterate cl_cmdrate and rate.

cl_updaterate is the packets per second that you send to a server. The higher the value, the best. People say using rates of 50 is fine. I don't think so. Unless you have a 56k modem, put this value: cl_updaterate 101.

cl_cmdrate should be set to the AVERAGE number of FPS you obtain while you play.

rate should be set to 25000 if you have 1mbit + connection.
Consider lowering the rates if you have a slow connection ( 56k~256k ).

FPS/HZ/V-sync:

First of all, make sure you are playing on Open_gl, i recommend a resolution of 800x600.

FPS is the Frames Per Second. Since counter-strike is based on a FPS system, I will spend some time on it.
You can view your FPS by typing net_graph 3 on the console.

Why do I have 60 fps and I know I have a really good video card ?

The answer to this question is because you probably have the V-Sync on. The V-sync basically limits your FPS to the frequency of your screen ( in hz ). Having it enabled, your FPS will be limited by that frequency. You have two choices. Either you Unable it, either you find a program that will set your hz to a superior value ( For Nvidia cards i recommend ReForce. Powerstrip for ATI cards. ).

Why are my fps 72 ?

Type fps_max 100 in the console.

If you want to tweak your graphic card in order to obtain higher FPS, use any search engine, you will find accurate results.

Thats all for the advanced customizing of counter-strike. I know that there are many variables that will affect your gaming experience, but this is a MUST.

+rep me if its helps :D I'm a competitive CS 1.6 player my self

Hello

Thanks,
but the cl_ stuff didnt work... but i havent tryed the open_gl thing cuz wen ever i go into my video setting > 3D > change it to OpenGL and it changes back once i go back into there. doesent want to change for me... you know y??

Back
Top Bottom