Game Graphics in Quake III Arena are Laggy

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone,

I've got a new DV9000t laptop with 2GB RAM, Nvidia 7600go 512MB graphics card, 200GB 7200RPM hard drive. I recently downloaded Quake III Arena demo and tried to play it.

The graphics were slow and laggy, but I know my laptop should be able to play it fine. Then my friend got a similar laptop (HP DV something) and quake ran perfectly for him! And my graphics card is supposed to be better! They both run Vista Ultimate fine (with aero), but his comp runs quake so much better. I even tried turning all the settings down in quake to terrible quality, only for speed, and it still was slow....

I really am not a graphics person, and I have no idea what to do so if anyone has any ideas on what I screwed up, please let me know lol

Right, but I don't know which I need for the go 7600 series (mobile), all they have is 7800 and 7900

also, forgot to mention 64bit vista/computer

yeah turns out I already have the latest HP go 7600 driver for vista. I tried getting some different ones, but still the same problem - no matter what I do everything is slow. Sometimes its fast if I like look at a wall during gameplay and don't shoot anything (because there are no effects to render), but obviously I wouldn't do this...

Back
Top Bottom