Gaelicum.A Virus help!

I got a Gaelicum.A virus which spread to most of the *.exe's on my laptop. I carried out all removal procedures on the administrator account, not in safe mode as I lost the ability to boot into safe mode. The anti-virus is no longer finding any Gaelicum.A viruses. Clamwin Anti-virus has found 'Adware.Onestep' and 'Adware.onestep' 3 in two different files. These dont look like a problem just being a tiny bit of adware they can easily be removed. My problem is that I can no longer connect to the internet, I did a ping to www.google.com and I got a reply, I cannot connect to websites using mozilla or IE7.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Arch

I got a Gaelicum.A virus which spread to most of the *.exe's on my laptop. I carried out all removal procedures on the administrator account, not in safe mode as I lost the ability to boot into safe mode. The anti-virus is no longer finding any Gaelicum.A viruses. Clamwin Anti-virus has found 'Adware.Onestep' and 'Adware.onestep' 3 in two different files. These dont look like a problem just being a tiny bit of adware they can easily be removed. My problem is that I can no longer connect to the internet, I did a ping to www.google.com and I got a reply, I cannot connect to websites using mozilla or IE7.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Arch

WELL THANKS EVERYONE. I FIXED NOW! *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom