GA-970A-D3 + FX-8350 Constantly Crashing

OhSnapWord

Fully Optimized
So, I recently upgraded my computer with a new FX-8350. I updated the bios and the computer crashes so often that it is unusable. The second I put any kind of load on it, it just hard locks. Doing some digging, I found that the VRMs lack any kind of heat sink which allows them to overheat when using any FX-83xx CPU. I just wonder if anyone else has ever heard of this.

Yes. I ordered that exact heatsink from Newegg and eagerly awaiting it. For now, I'm relegated to using my spare rig.

Makes me wonder why something so important as the VRM cooler was left off that board. Odd...

Same here. Very strange. At one point, Gigabyte was giving them to those who asked so I doubt there were saving any money by omitting it.

Update:

The computer blue-screens with 0x101 A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval.

I re-installed my Phenom II and all seems well so far. The system usually crashed within minutes of boot up. I have the latest BIOS installed as well. Looking more and more like a faulty CPU.

Back
Top Bottom