FX55 or Dual core 4600???

Fisher

Fully Optimized
which would be better for a gaming pc.... a AMD Athlon 64 FX55 (2.6) or a AMD 64 Dual Core 4600 (2.4)

WEll, dual core is more recent and will be more used. however, single cores are better for gaming, because a single core processess the info. better, like for gaming. It's just this single on-die controller that makes the gaming better. BUt dual core all the way, just because it's going to be used to more and more and you wont regret it. but I would wait for the m2 mobo and get that.

y do u all use amd .. is it because (i heard this somewhere) amd is better for gamin and intel multi tascking?

Now AMD can do both extremely well. Both gaming and multitasking. AMD has always been the leader in gaming since the intro of its Athlon 64 and it's FX line CPUs. Now with it's dual core setup, you can have the best of both worlds.

yeah inel dose the same as the amd gaming range so there equal .. but i would buy intel over amd, no offence

For gaming, I'd agree with the majority of people and I'd say get an FX. But they are going to outdate themselves very quickly with the gaming industry taking on the dual core technology. But if your onsidering to buy an FX, surely you have enough money to buy a 4800?? I thought the FX series started at the price range where the X2s finish??

Also, about the M2 motherboard, I'm afraid to say I disagree with jac006. Basically, it opens up the AMD world to DDR2, which is great in itself, but the equivalent to DDR400 in DDR2 models is DDR2 667. Now that might not mean much, but to get the same performace as the DDR400, you're looking a big price for that RAM. Especially if you're wanting to upgrade to a great system (i.e. 2Gb of RAM) because it will set you back a fair few pennies.

Also, a game can be programmed to take advantage of multiple cores. Many games now don't, but keep in mind that it's a possibility in the future - especially now that AMD has the technology as well.

Back
Top Bottom