FX or X2?

killzoneman0

In Runtime
i've heard alot of stuff about both the fx-57, and the x2 series.

for the x2, i've heard that they bottleneck 7800gtx's, for the fx-57, i've heard that its just a smaller processor with boosted up speed.

can anyone tell me the differences between these processors,(other than the x2 being dual core)

also, can you tell me which processor(fx-57,x2-3800+,x2-4400+,ect.) would be best for gaming,making games, and multitasking the previous items.

also, whats the difference between the dual core and single?

i would greatly appreciate help

I have a FX-55 OC'ed to 2.8GhZ; it's practically the same exact thing.

The FX-57 is definetely the best for gaming. For making games, I really wouldn't know. I think Intel might be better at the actual creation process, but like I said, I don't know. Multitasking goes to the X2 4800+ by far; two cores are better than one when it comes to handling more than one application.

Dual core is basically having two processors in one chip.

CPU's get bottlenecked by the Video cards btw. Any CPU unless its a 3.7GHZ FX57 will get bottlenecked by a high end video card.

about how long will an fx-57 and a 7800gtx last before i absolutely need to upgrade because the fx-57 and 7800gtx wouldnt be able to handle high end games?

a FX57 & 7800GTX would be able to handle high end games for a very long to come, i recon 4 years if you are willing to scraifice resiultion and quilty??

no way , but you said about multitasking with dual core cpu's then i would wait until early next year for AMD FX 60 and a 512Mb Geforce 7800GTX?? its up to you weather you can wait.

yeah, i suppose i'll wait and save up. how much do you think the fx60 and 512mb 7800gtx will be? also, are the fx-60 and 512mb 7800gtx definately coming out?

Back
Top Bottom