FX-55 or P4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, most of the HT chips (P4 w/ HT Tech) are overpriced. HT is cool, but doesn't stand a chance. AND STOP SAYING AMD64's CANNOT MULTITASK!!!! I can run DooM3, HL2, PhotoShop CS, 3DNow! +, and Creative Player all at the same time, and it only uses 75% of the COMPUTER!!!! Multitask that!!!! AMD pwns Intel in every sense of the slang word PWN!!!

Also!!! Not to mention it, but I will! I can open ALL of my control panel icons in one click and they open ALL up in under 3 secs!!!

AMDs can definitely multi-task. I don't get this imaginary crap people come up with... my system is very good with multi-tasking and just as good as the P4 3.2GHz (yet it is 1GHz "slower"). AMD can multitask and I think better then Intel can.

Right, I agree. If these people tried an AMD64, maybe they could comment, but they are just blindly going off the "stereotype" that AMD earned with their XP series... News Flash.... AMD Athlon64's pwn AthlonXPs!!!! Intel is in a corner... A very small one, and AMD is the pitbull waiting to tear their face off.. BYE BYE Intel...:D

The Athlon XP are decent processors and are good for budget solutions, though. They quantify the budget end of the market along with the Sempron. Intel doesn't know what budget means... I'm happy AMD understands and puts Athlon 64s well in my reach.

Oh and everyone.. I got a Powmax Demon 580 watt power supply (for future expansion). 2 fans.. 120MM fan and an 80MM fan with color LEDs). Heheheh...

Cool, is it quiet though? Looks like it would sound like a 747 taking off!! lots of power in the thing though! I like that additional amerage on it, and that extra 12V rail!!

Well... I may have ordered it.. but am in Italy at the moment. Not in California with access to my computer. :) Hopefully it is not too loud.

It looks loud, but looks can be decieving. The Aspire one that is in my XNavigator is nice, very quite, and runs about 45 Celcius AT FULL LOAD.... And that is with fans turned all the way down... That 120mm on that PSU should keep that thing at 37 Celcius at FULL LOAD, should be fun! GL and Enjoy!! BTW, how do you like Italy? I am going there SUmmer of 2006.. Can't Wait!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom