FX-55 or P4

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now kiddies, we learn that the FX line is going dual core, and that AMD is moving into complete 90nm phase.... Intel sucks... and SOI technology is pwning Intel!

I agree, good come back. I love watching these two talk. Keeps it interesting and have good points to both sides.

According to AMD, dual core processor will be seen in the second half of this year (2005).

Right, and they are SOI compared to COI of Intel, which is better for Overclocking. Plus FX-59 will have 2MB L2 Cache, and 2MB L3 Cache, meaning 4MB Total Cache. BTW LK, AMD64s have 128KB L1 cache, vastly superior to the 28KB L1 on the Intel P4 line..... 28KB, wtf... 128KB pwns that.... So lets not talk cache.... ANd that my friends is HyperTransport allowance... HAHAHHA! Also, 1066MHz FSB on EE that costs $1,100 by itself compared to $230 AMD Athlon64 3200+ 939 Pin with 1600MHz FSB... Wow, more for a whole lot less.... Geez.......No surprise here..

Lord Kalthorn said:
You're supposed to be doing Politics at University! Thats a very blunt debating point? Simple fact is; for overclocking processors the Intel EEs have proven themselves, in the hands of as I said the only honourable Overclockers to be the best for it. Reaching speeds of 5Ghz, and above an increasing amount of times.

What a massive moron. You are just not using the facts. You are a foolish idiot. The Intel EE is a crappy processor with what.. 28kb of cache... thanks AMD Zen. Honorable overclocking my rear end... it doesn't make a bit of the difference if Intel can overclock, because AMD can do it just as well if not better.

Again dreadfully blunt. We both know AMD and Intel are bringing out their Dual Core Processors in 2005.

I don't think Intel will be able to change their statist market strategy which is proving a bit of a problem.

Specifically in the article: '..."2005 will be a great year for Intel” because dual-core chips “are great for customers”...'

They said 2004 "will be a great year for Intel". Intel has been behind in releasing its CPUs on time.

AMD, even FX-55s, have more than 1Meg Cache? :D You are so funny: Computing HQ, the first place I found in the search specifically says the FX-55 - the best processor apparently - has only 1Meg Cache.

And Intel only has what? 28kb of L1 Cache? You my friend are foolish beyond belief.

They're not Processors, they're Budget Processors. If you want to include Sempron we can include Celeron Ds.

They are not processors? What are they then? They are processors.

Intel will have four processors in two, AMD will have two in two. Hyperthreading will come into its own here - as although games for 1 processor work almost worse on 2 processors like the HT Pentiums; games writen for 2 processors, which they will be, will work better on 4 processors like the Dual HT Pentiums.

Intel is still shit because it is based on antiquated architecture and bad marketing strategy.

Intel Earnings up That sounds like a company loosing great masses of Market share; a company which is shit and will always be shit, and a company which is continuing to suffer huge looses. ;)

Apple is posting monetary gains too, but is losing market share in the personal computing market. You're an idiot... you can't even speak right... "LOSSES", not "looses". AMD has posted consistent gains in its market share, chipping away at Intel. The big crap company.

TibsBeatAll said:
ohhh,,,,,
shot down.......
nice work LK.

hehe. I'm going to upgrade at the end of this year, and see if Intel has some nice processors out.

Nobody shoots me down, moron. YOu are going to downgrade to Intel? What a foolish move.

Plus, it has an excellent performance rating on memory intensive applications. This was enabled by the use of an integrated memory controller on the chip.

Speaking of SOI, AMD believes its SOI technology was responsible for keeping power consumption and leakage in check during the 90nm transition as compared to Intel's transition. Intel's 90nm processors actually required more power compared to its 130nm chips, due in part to increased current leakage and the power-hungry design of Intel's Pentium 4 chips at high clock speeds.

Right Corolla, right. That integrated memory controller is awesome, and allows for lightning fast access times, and the SOI (Silicon on Interconnect) is ingenius!! Intel is too stupid to use Silicon, they use the cave man, copper.. UGGG> LMAO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom