future-proof PC

gplpark92

BSOD
my friend is lookin for a future-proof build, suited for audio and video editing
(hes a music producer). he doesnt wanna have to upgrade till late 2009 at earliest

i picked these out - whatdya guys think?

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Conroe 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor

RAM:
CORSAIR 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit

Motherboard:
ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel X38

Video Card:
MSI NX8600GTS-T2D256E-OC GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP

he'd rather have a higher FSB than quad-core, at this moment in time. any suggestions or concerns?

i'm thinking by 2009, DDR3-1066 is gonna be the low-end, (like DDR266), thats why i picked 1333 (CPU has 1333mhz FSB, so im givin it 1333Mhz RAM)

i also picked that 8800GTS because he wants to do work with HD 1080p video, and blu-ray and hddvd movies ALL ON VISTA so i thought HDCP and DX10-support would be a good feature (hence why i didnt pick a 7600GT)

doesnt matter if the fsb is higher the quads going to kick the dual cores ass
in video editing
get the nvidia 680i mb A1 version
and get an 8800 640mb version with the saved money

Heh 2GB of ram is not going to cut it. If you want to be truly future proof, get 4 or 8GB, prices are fairly low.

Processor, Quad core defiantly.

8800GTX and quad core. Plus beef up the RAM.

D'oh, he said the same thing, lol. Ok, at least we have a general consensus. ^^^^^

8800GTX and quad core. Plus beef up the RAM.

D'oh, he said the same thing, lol. Ok, at least we have a general consensus. ^^^^^

Quad core, 8800GTX, more ram

good to see you used the X38 chipset

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A GAMING MACHINE

MY FRIEND WANTS THIS FOR VIDEO EDITING AND AUDIO EDITING ONLY. HE WANTS PERFECT PERFORMANCE IN AERO AND HDCP - SO NO 8800GTs :mad:

doesnt matter if the fsb is higher the quads going to kick the dual cores ass
in video editing
get the nvidia 680i mb A1 version
and get an 8800 640mb version with the saved money

okay thanks, so will it work with 1333mhz memory and 1066fsb quad-core then?

You see, the 8800 series aren't for just gaming. They can be great for video editing as well. The better the card's spec is, the better it will perform on a machine.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A GAMING MACHINE

MY FRIEND WANTS THIS FOR VIDEO EDITING AND AUDIO EDITING ONLY. HE WANTS PERFECT PERFORMANCE IN AERO AND HDCP - SO NO 8800GTs :mad:
Don't be yelling at me dude, if "your friend" has any balls he can mod the GTX to Quadro or if his budget is good enough get a Quadro

Link to Quadro card specs

(Just in case you are unaware of what a Quadro card is)

;)

i know wut a quadro is and he doesnt want a quadro

and sorry bout yelling and now i see the 8800GTX does help video editing, but idk if its worth spending that much from an 8600

LOL and yes its my friend, not me, cuz i dont have any money for this stuff

Back
Top Bottom