Fury-X ain't so great

Darkseeker.
If it is such a great GPU, Where is the wow factor? I don't see it.
Standing between the 980 and 980ti at the price point of the ti version, doesn't scream innovation to me. (not to mention the wattage needed to achieve this performance)

I think the price point is more to do with the HBM, it's got a tricker manufacturing process that pushes the price up a bit. Plus it's a new technology and I imagine they have to factor in the development costs

It does sit right in between the 980 and the 980Ti for 1080p and 1440p benchmarks, but when you are actually playing real games (not using firestrike or unigine) it seems to shine the most in 4k. It's been designed with 4k in mind (the huge bandwidth on the memory really helps) and it actually beats out the Titan X when playing a lot of triple-A titles at 4k, a good example of that is GTA5.

A few reviewers have said the drivers are very young for this card, and they expect to see performance improve through better driver support in the future also :angel:

I didn't think about drivers. Good point guys. Although AMD has never been very good at pushing out quality drivers nor do they release them often enough. Nvidia knows how to release a set of drivers! Always have.

I didn't think about drivers. Good point guys. Although AMD has never been very good at pushing out quality drivers nor do they release them often enough. Nvidia knows how to release a set of drivers! Always have.

This is why I take initial reviews with a grain of salt, ESPECIALLY when a company hasn't released a driver package for the card. Review sites care nothing about the industry, other than getting a few hits for getting a review out as fast as they legally can under their NDA with those companies.

Back
Top Bottom