Fun project

Anderwolfe

In Runtime
So at work we have stacks and stacks of brand new IBM ATs.
They're old as shit, but have yet to be opened rofl.

But anyways, we have one that doesn't work.
So I saying to a co-worker of mine it'd be cool to gut one out and use it as a case. In a nutshell, he said it couldn't be done because everything was sized differently.
So naturally, I had to go ahead and do it.

Nothing special is going in this computer, but hopefully it'll be an interesting show computer.

I have no idea what the specs are from my donor computer, but I'll check that out today when I get to work and throw that up here as well as some pictures thus far.

Edit: This is an AT for those who don't know. http://dl.maximumpc.com/galleries/25oldpcs/IBM_PC_AT_01_full.jpg

Pictures of me gutting it a few days ago.

105_0420.jpg

105_0421.jpg

105_0422.jpg

a tip
get a good dremel and have fun

i love it when someone tells me that something wont fit
there is always a way to make it work :D

Unfortunately I didn't have a dremel at the store.
But I did have a sawzall, which worked pretty good, hahaha.

Cut out the HDD bay so there would be room for the motherboard, as well as drilled some holes for power supply and the hard drive to mount in.

Got all that shit in after getting everything set up with the PS2 keyboard and mouse ports, then secured the motherboard in the case (which hides all the onboard ports) and used the PCI card ports. Hopefully I'll never need the PS2 ports again.

Right now it's loading SP2, so I can load SP3. The donor computer had WinXP Home with no service packs. *facepalm*

I'll post pics of stuff when I get home from work.

105_0514.jpg

105_0509.jpg

105_0513.jpg

105_0510.jpg

105_0516.jpg

So the service packs were really screwing the computer up, I have no idea why. They were making the video cut out and stuff. Sooo, I just formatted the drive and loaded down a fresh copy of WinXP Pro SP3. Aside of taking everything apart again for like the 13th time...it went great.

105_0521.jpg

Back
Top Bottom