Full System Restore and now can't get into My Documents folder

alwaysumtn

Beta member
Hello,

I need some help with My Documents Folder.

I had to do a Full System Recovery because of a bad SP2 install. After the recovery I noticed I couldn't get into MY Documents, Access was denide...I know how to go into the computer in safe mode but when I tried to gain control of My Documents Folder, it did not work. I may have had them encrypted not sure though...Anyway, since I am having such a hard time gaining control back, I decided to open up a new account and give myself full privilege's...

I am wondering if I can use the Back Up disk to MY Pictures and Video's and place them in the newer accounts, My Documents Folder

On my original owner account, I tried using the Back Up Disk to My Pictures and Video's but they seemed to have disappeared, even though the Back Up was successfully downloaded to the My Documents Folder.

If the new account does not work out, can I use the Back Up Disk and put them on my daughters computer or on a external hd? I don't want to loose all of my family's pictures and video's, so any help you can offer me, will be MORE than appreciated...

Have a good day and Thanks for reading this post.

Hey, welcome to the forums first of all :)

As for that, yeah they would have been protected and so are not accessible anymore :(
Had this alot recently.
Next time if you want to lock documents, try and use a zip folder, and put a password on it. This seems a better option :)

As for that, yes, on your new account, just use the backup disk to place the pictures and videos back on.
Don't lock this time hehe, though you didn't know you even had!

You could also place it on an external disk yeah,

though if this is just your protected My documents folder copied across, I don't know, adn probably isn't :( I'm sure somewhere though, someone has created a program to hack into these, though I wouldn't know where to start, and would be counted as illegal though it could have some useful features.

Hopefully you just saved the files within it so it will be possible :)

Hope this helps

Full System Restore

Thank You,

Kage and root, for your time with my problem.

I did open up a new user account on my computer and was able to download my back up disks to "My Pictures and My Video's folder. About
35 % of them where downloaded but seems the other 65 % where 'Skipped when downloading. When I first started the back up to the pictures and video's, I remember being asked if I wanted to 'Overwrite any previous files and I checked 'Never overwrite, that could be a reason for some of them being skipped over. I don't know, all of this is "Way over my knowledge".

I am thinking about taking an IT course, so I can learn, "How not to Mess UP My Computer"... LOL...

Thanks again,

valadi

Back
Top Bottom