Fujitsu vs Toshiba Tablet PC

Kurijsan

Beta member
Hello, I'm a first time poster having a hard time deciding between two tablet pcs. Do any of you have prior experience or exposure to these PCs and would be willing to provide negative/positive feedback, or can tell me which one is better overall? Thanks!

Tablet PC #1: Toshiba Satellite R15
Cost: $1,599
Key Features
# Intel® Centrino™ Mobile Technology*
# Microsoft® Windows XP Tablet Edition 2005 (SP2)*
# FREE Microsoft® Office OneNote™ 2003*
# 14.1" XGA (1024 x 768) display*
# Intel Extreme Graphics* 2 w/16MB-64MB shared memory
# Integrated CD burner and 60GB* HDD
# Up to 4.0 hours* battery time
# Intel® Pro/Wireless Network Connection 2200BG (802.11b/g)*
# Integrated 10/100 Ethernet, V.90/56K modem*
# Cisco Compatible Extensions Program Certified
# Limited Warranty*: 1-year parts and labor, 1-year battery

Also Includes:
# 3-USB (2.0) ports
# i.LINK IEEE 1394
# SD card slot
# TV-out (S-Video)
# External Microphone jack
# Built-in microphone (monoaural)
# Headphone jack
# 10/100 Ethernet
# V.92/56K modem
# RGB port
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/cmod.to?seg=HHO&coid=-29174&sel=0&rcid=-26367&ccid=1291021

Tablet PC #2: Fujitsu LifeBook T4010D Tablet PC FPCM10476
Cost: $1,599
• Intel® Pentium® M Processor 725
• Microsoft® Windows® XP Tablet PC Edition 2005
• 12.1" XGA TFT with wide viewing-angle indoor display
• 256 MB DDR 333 SDRAM memory
• 40 GB 4200 rpm hard drive¹
• Built-in multinational² 56K³ V.90 modem and 10/100/1000 Base-T/TX Ethernet
• Built-in Atheros Super AG™ (802.11a+b/g)
• Standard 6-cell (4800 mAh) battery
• Microsoft® Office OneNote® 20034
• One-year International Limited Warranty
• M-Code FPCM10476
http://store.shopfujitsu.com/fpc/Ecommerce/buildseriesbean.do?series=T4D&ptype=TB

-Kurijsan

i think i like the first one, the screen is bigger, unless you like small screens... 256 mb of ram is really not that much unless you'll be running one program at a time. the centrino should have longer battery life than that but whatever i guess. again what are you going to be doing? i would get 512 mb but if dun have the money then its kewl. they're both good but i think i would go with the toshiba. i hear they are among sony on par for least damage reports so its not too bad. yeha.

jac006 said:
again what are you going to be doing?

Just the "typical" stuff. Taking notes, watching DVDs, writing reports, etc. Maybe a game or two every so often.

I just went to the local store and played around with the Toshiba. I loved it.

Well, I'll be buying one of those tomorrow, probably the Toshiba (unless something comes up that makes the Fujitsu great). Thanks! -kurijsan

well, sony is good because i know for a fact that they have the least damage reports. so they make em good. but yeah, tosihiba is great. or voodoo or cyberpower or alienware.... but those are just $$$. lol.

Yeah, Toshiba has greatly improved on their notebooks. Some of the older Satellites' speakers we're right on the corners where you placed your wrists and it usually got the sound blocked out a bit. They are pretty nice though.

Back
Top Bottom