Fujistu Siemens Laptop wont start up properly

wapak7

Beta member
Hi, My Fujistu Siemens laptop is showing the hardware boot up screen but isn't showing the windows vista OS load up and simply flashes a text input mark for a bit then moves on to a black screen. Also I left my laptop turned off without any power for a weekend, should this make any difference? Thanks!

The loss of power over a weekend should not have affected the computer. It seems that there is some sort of software/hardware issue that is not allowing the computer to go into the OS boot. Is there anyway you can post the text input? I'm hoping that it may be an error code that I can help to research to resolve the issue.

Try tapping F8 on the keyboard as soon as you power the system on. Does it give you a startup menu? If it does, try going to "Enable VGA Mode" or "Safe mode" and see if it starts up for you.

Also, if it's a laptop as you say, disconnect the power, take the battery out and hold in the power button for 15 seconds. Plug in JUST the power and see if the system will turn on.

Alternatively, try connecting an external monitor, if you have one, and see if it shows anything on the monitor.

Back
Top Bottom