ftp messed up

jumpshot22

Solid State Member
My friend has an ftp server and everytime i try to connect to it it says "Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access this folder. Details: The connection with the server was reset." I type in on Internet Explorer ftp:/**.***.***.*** I went into Internet Options> Advanced> and enable folder view for ftp sites was on. I am doing everything correctly but I am still not connecting. Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem?

yes you have to log into the ftp but i can't even get to the login box...the error comes up right away

its a problem on the ftp side
i have an ftp server running... sometimes it would just give ppl that
id alwasy have to change the private Ip for some reason and reconfigure everything.
but thats just me

well my friend that is running the ftp server tried everything possible to fix it and he thought that my Internet Explorer was messed up and told me to reinstall it but i dunno if that is the problem

i am the only one that is having trouble accessing it...i have had 3 other people try to access it and it worked fine

Well, try doing it like this: ftp://username:password@ftp.theipaddress:21 Replace the username part with the username, the password part with the password, and the ftp.theipaddress with the ip address. Also, the deafult port for FTP is 21, try that. If it doesnt work, ask your friend what the port is. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom