FSB - how would you find it out?

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I have a 3-4 year old Packard Bell iXtreme 6052. I have upgraded many parts in it, the only other thing I wan't to upgrade is the processor. I don't expect it to use dual core but at the moment it had a celeron 2.66ghz. I would like to try to upgrade this to a Pentium 4 or even a Pentium 4 HT. It has a socket 478 and the motherboard model is Gigabyte GA-8SIML (according to everest home edition). I know it can take up to 2GB DDR RAM aswell. Does anybody know this models FSB speed or know a way to find it out. Thanks for any help.

Thanks, how did you find it out? It looks like the best pentium 4 it could use would be pretty rubbish

youre only option on newegg is to downgrade to a celeron 2.5 Ghz. maybe you should just unlock bios and overclock.

Damnit Tommyboy, I was going to tell him about CPU-Z, just kidding. Yeah, that's a great little program and you get so much info from it. Anywhere from CPU info, to RAM, to motherboard, it's there. Those are the big three components in your PC and CPU-Z gives you in depth info about them.

Back
Top Bottom