Frustrating Stop Errors

BigLu

Daemon Poster
Well, my computer is all put together. But i can't install xp withought getting a stop error. I have posted this before, but i am still confused. I can sit in bios for days, and the temps never go over 35c, and all the hardware is detected and working. What could cause this, and has anyone had similar problems. One thig is, the mobo has a 24 pin molex connector, the psu has 20, i just plugged it in and left the remaining four bear, could this be the problem?

Well..

When I was installing windows xp once my ram went bad and kept getting errors. All I can think of is bad ram.

yes... it may be the PSU(Power supply unit), if i were you i would test the hardware with a spare PSU... or get a molex adapter, if there is one. A power supply is an overlooked component for a pc... did you get a generic brand PSU or a quality PSU?

Well folks, I figured it out. It was a stik of ram, I pulled it out and it worked. I put it back in and it crashed. Now that I have it running, all i can say is WOW!!! This thing is insane.

Back
Top Bottom