Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #11
Baseband Member

Default Re: Frustrated with my PC !!!

Can't read it. It's very fast. But I think it's system or hardware malfunction I think. Again I am not sure as it's very quick and it doesn't happen very often

Here are some more screen captures:

buso23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:35 PM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

If it happens again press the pause break key on your keyboard, that will freeze the screen. Write the error down and post it. Until we know the error its hard to diagnose, so its all guesswork at the moment.

Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:39 PM   #13
Baseband Member

I'll do that when it happens again. Thanks for the tip. I didn't know I could do that. Now I'll be the only person on the planet desperatly waiting for the blue screen to arrive :-)
Old 02-19-2007, 07:44 PM   #14
BSOD

First and foremost I'd like to say, this is the best feedback from a complaint EVER. The screens help out soooo much. I'd like to compliment you on that.

Secondly, I'm having a hardtime judging what the error is, but what I want to ask is, what happens RIGHT before it BSODs?
Jenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:49 PM   #15
Baseband Member

Thanks on the kind words but I am so frustrated and angry about this that I am determined to do anything it takes just to find a solution to this problem. It's been like this since September and I've had it.I don't know what will happen but I won't tolerate this anymore.

After the blue screen, the pc just restarts itself and that's it. Then as I said it's very likely that it'll freeze at least several times after restart and will go on functioning normally in the next few hours. Then all over again
Old 02-19-2007, 07:51 PM   #16
BSOD

Well, I think it's an overheating issue. This used to happen on my parents old PC. The Heatsink might need to be reseated. This also explains why it freezes afterwards, because heat won't dissipate that fast if it's over-heating, and thus restart or shutdown. Check the BIOS and see what the CPU thresh-hold is for a CPU shutdown.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:58 PM   #17
Baseband Member

I don't think this is the problem as currently I am running it with the chasis open so as to discard heating as an option and also my motherboard comes with a software that measures the temperature on the CPU and it's always been rather low- in the 30-40 Celsius and as far as I remember in bios it's set up to shutdown at 60 celsius.Also the PC doesn't shutdown or restart, it just freezes and the mouse moves very slowly before it freezes. But will have to investigate that just to make sure. Thanks

Will go to sleep now. Talk to you all in the morning
Old 02-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #18
BSOD

Hmmm, well, I'm fresh out of ideas. What i would do however, is this:

Back up all your data, then install a fresh copy of XP. Sometimes system files can go corrupt over time, it's happened to me a few times, so I wouldn't rule that out. I would however back up all your data regardless if you want to reinstall or not, because if it gets worse soon, you might lose important files, so i would back up your data ASAP just to be safe.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #19
Baseband Member

Everything has been taken care of-All data is backed up since September.Will patiently wait for the BSOD
Old 02-19-2007, 08:10 PM   #20
BSOD

Well that's good. Hmmm, I would say it's either something in your registry or memory. There should be some diagnostic programs you could try. just search Download.com and you should be able to pull something up. Give those a try and get back to us.