Frustrated with my PC !!!

buso23

Baseband Member
I can't bear it anymore :mad: This can only happen to me. I have replaced my old PC with a new one just because it was occasionally locking up only to have even more lock ups and freezes. I have migrated my old hard drive to my new PC (now have two) but guess it's not the problem as I turned it off and ran the PC without it and still encountered very frequent lock ups and freezes. I occasionally get a blue screen, but it's once in a blue moon.The PC usually lock ups at random. It doesn't matter if I am using word or Photoshop or explorer. And one interesting thing is that when it happens no matter which program I run, I'll have to restart the PC at least several times because it locks up and freezes all the time, before it would run for several hours without any problems. Don't know what to do. Mad and frustrated. :mad:

So frustrated to mention that I am running XP on 64 Athlon with 2 X 512 RAM

Have u been playing around with the bios settings? this can be a frequent cause of lock ups, ie too quick ram timings. Do you overclock at all? Is strange that its happened on both pcs. Is it only the HDD in the pc that was in the last? not the psu or anything else, even keyboard mouse etc, they can sometimes be faulty as well.

I have tried different mouse, turned off CD-RW and HDD from the previous PC, haven't touched anything in bios, didn't have attempt at overclocking, just trying to run it normally.Whenever it start's up I have adumper something in my start up. Don't know what's that.Will provide you with all the details in a minute.Regards, Ljupco

Some random BIOS pics

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

Nope I person who I found through the Ads in the paper built it for me. I can take it to him, no problem but I guess I'll be without a pc for at least a week and when it finally arrives it might be the same

Some screen captures:

Here's how this guy hooked up my 200GB Western digital HDD. It's hooked up the same as when I plug in my digital camera. Can this be a problem?

Capture4.jpg

Capture3.jpg

Capture2.jpg

1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom