Frontend media box

Sharpy1

In Runtime
Hi everyone need something that is like the android boxes used for kodi but only more stable could anyone make recommendations on more stable hardware or ways to make current android boxes more stable

Needs
HDMI
OPTICAL SPDIF for (DTS & AC3 5.1)
FULL HD 1080P playback 4k bonus
H265/HEVC support

Everything needs to play smooth and not crash

I have looked into openelec a bit would using that make a android box more stable

Thanks for all help

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Computer Forums mobile app

The Intel NUC. I know I've recommended this to you before but I still stand by it. It's designed to play media and it says it supports 4K right on the box. Those cheap android units are not very reliable, I tried one. Plus they are more limited in what you can do with them. I don't think you'll find the SPDIF output but HDMI has digital audio so I think that still satisfies your need.

Some cheaper options are the zotac boxes, you could look into them. Some are less than 100 bucks. Then you have a real PC albeit a small one. You can run windows, linux, or watever you want.

Yes have looked at the NUC they want a lot of money for a tiny pc that would only be used for HTPC what spec so you think I would need for hevc decode my old core two duo just decodes 720p hevc/h265 as my android boxs arm processor can manage this quite easy

And any ideas why these android boxes are unstable it's a terrible shame as the products look and function good apart from crashes

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom